Joomla 1.6 and SEF Advance

12 years 10 months ago #6137 by gianluigi
Thanks for your answer.

Since we should migrate a website to J1.6, is there a way to have the same URLs of the J1.5 website on the new J1.6 website without having to wait for SEF ADVANCE for J1.6?
The website includes more than 400 articles, thus working URL per URL would be a crazy solution.

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #6139 by Saka
It would be the best to wait for SEF Advance for 1.6. Many components still don't have 1.6 support so I see no reason to rush to migrate.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

12 years 10 months ago #6140 by gianluigi
My rush is due to the fact that a web agency is working on the restyling of the website: they are personalizing the template, thus it would be the perfect time to migrate to avoid a duplicate work - i.e., personalizing a J1.5 template for few months and then personalizing - again - the same template in its J1.6 version!

12 years 10 months ago #6158 by gianluigi
Hi, any news on SEF Advance for J1.6?

If its release date is far (i.e. 6 months) we are forced to "stay" on J1.5. We stopped the development of the new template because we are waiting for SEF Advance for J1.6 (if it will not be released, we will be forced to find another way).

Thanks in advance for your answer.

12 years 10 months ago #6159 by Saka
Hi,

It will be available in max 2 months. Might as well be in a few of weeks, can't tell precisely. I know I said few weeks already but something came up. Thank you for your patience.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

12 years 10 months ago #6162 by kram
"but something came up" LOL - I know how that goes

Look forward to the 1.6 Release.

Mark Brindley
www.2large.co.za

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch