Joomla 1.6 and SEF Advance

12 years 8 months ago #6254 by Saka
Yes, you can count on September this time. I had different issues going on this summer but still managed to get the job half-way done. So I expect to finish it now and get the first version available in September 2011.

Managed to get AJAX Scroller and AJAX Register 1.6/1.7 compatible in the meantime, SEF Advance is the first priority right now.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #6255 by Saka
As I notice a lot of anticipation I will try to update you regularly on progress here.

The admin was almost finished but I accidentally lost the files (doooh). So now I am working on rewriting the admin again. I am doing it even better this time, utilizing the full MVC pattern. The old admin wasn't strictly followed all the MVC rules (even though it worked fine). Doing it right this time will allow for better separation of business logic from the presentation and result in easier maintenance later on. Using the new JForm class also allows for less code.

Right now I am implementing the same look and features you are used to in order to get to the launch date as soon as possible. It will also be easier for you to get started when in front of familiar interface. In future versions I will try to take advantage of new 1.7 features like one-click updates and ACL implementation.

I am developing on Joomla 1.7 which will have priority over 1.6 but I expect it to work on both versions.

Similarly to when I launched it for Joomla 1.5 when it was called 2008, the version for Joomla 1.7 will be called SEF Advance 2011.

Thanks for your patience and looking forward to let you guys using SEF Advance 2011 for Joomla 1.6 / 1.7.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

12 years 8 months ago #6259 by Silencer
Since You plan to make 2011 version now as U say, I bet we gonna need to pay for migration price right ?
Can we know the price you plan it to be since we need to be ready for that to.

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #6260 by Saka
It's not clear yet but I am thinking about a similar plan as with the 1.0->1.5 transition.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

12 years 7 months ago #6263 by Saka
The administration part is finally finished. It works great and the code is very nice, correctly done. Hope I will not lose the files this time. :)

Couple of screenshots attached. You'll probably recognize a familiar interface.

This is on Joomla 1.7. I tried installing it on 1.6 and already got quite a few errors like non-existing methods or classes. The API has changed. Now I am thinking if it's worth spending time to ensure backwards compatibility or just drop support for 1.6 as it's already obsolete. Everyone will have to upgrade to 1.7 anyway since 1.6 has reached end of life. What do you think?

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

12 years 7 months ago #6264 by mrmckeen
In my opinion just go directly to J17...  Thanks!

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch