SEF Advance extension for K2

13 years 9 months ago #5523 by Gianni
multipage links for standard joomla article ends wigth a number, whithout the "limitstart" parameter:

myarticle
myarticle/1/
myarticle/2/

I'm trying to reproduce the same Joomla URLs

Another question: i created a new menu item (alias = menu-item) that points to a k2 category (title alias = my-category). The URLs of K2 article are like this:
menu-item/article-alias
and not like this:
my-category/article-alias

Is this a bug?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #5524 by Saka
It's different in K2, not a big deal I think.

It's not a bug, it has to be that way in order to find correct component and Itemid so we can skip "k2" prefix in URLs. Just have the same menu names as category names.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

13 years 9 months ago #5525 by Gianni

It's different in K2, not a big deal I think.

I'm trying to preserve ALL the old URLs of my joomla articles in the conversion to K2 articles. I have a lot of articles divided in multiple pages so for me it's important how the page number is handled in the URL.

It's not a bug, it has to be that way in order to find correct component and Itemid so we can skip "k2" prefix in URLs. Just have the same menu names as category names.

Ok, thanks.

13 years 9 months ago #5528 by Gianni
Hi,
when i submit the k2 search module the browser points to thi URL: /k2/?searchword=

and I receive a 500 error.

Thanks

13 years 9 months ago #5530 by Saka
With SEF Advance extension or without?

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

13 years 9 months ago #5534 by mrmckeen
Thanks very much for adding this extension!!!  I just tried it on my development site and have a couple of questions ....  in the url below from the site:

dev.barkleyandpaws.com/k2/Dogs/Training/...o_crate_train_a_dog/

it has "k2" in the url ... can I prevent that from showing?  Also I have the Google News option enabled on my original articles, which shows the article ID and the date.  That is not appearing here... is there anyway to enable that (see original SEF URL below):

dev.barkleyandpaws.com/Dogs/Training/Met..._a_dog_201004273327/

If there is some way to do both of these things I can move all my articles to K2 and not lose my Google search!

Thanks!

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch