Twitter: "Could not connect"

14 years 10 months ago #4639 by pbrain.de
Hi,

I would like to display my twitter-updates, but the module only shows "Could not connect" instead.

My twitter-id is "pbrainde", I have configured the following for the RSS: Invalid consumer key/secret in configuration
I only want to show my own updates, so userid/pswd are probably not even needed, I have filled them in regardless.

Surely I am missing something very obvious, but it wasn't mentioned in the FAQ and even RTFM didn't help...

Thanks

Michael 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #4640 by Saka
Make sure the cache is turned on with minimum cache time of 60 seconds. Otherwise Twitter might ban you because of too many connections.

If it's on then it's probably your server that doesn't allow external connections in which case I can't do anything.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #4641 by pbrain.de
Thanks, yes, that seems to be the case, even RSS-Feeds produce that msg. Now, is there anything I can do to enable external connections? (modified after discovering that I needed to change mode from "twitter" to RSS)
Hmm, but RSS works, so it looks like my server can connect...?

14 years 10 months ago #4642 by Saka
So it gets feeds from Twitter in RSS mode but not in XML mode?
Which version of Joomla is that?

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

14 years 10 months ago #4643 by pbrain.de
Well, I tried the RSS-feed from your site - Twitter-RSS doesn't work either..

I am using "Joomla! 1.5.10 Production/Stable [ Wohmamni ] 27-March-2009 23:00 GMT."

If you'd like to have a look, I could set up an account for you, just lemme know :)

14 years 10 months ago #4644 by Saka
OK, well then maybe it's a problem on connection between your server and Twitter. Try from some other server or localhost.

You said nothing about cache, I repeat: cache must be turned on and cache time minimum 60 seconds, otherwise Twitter will ban your server and maybe that's what happened.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch