Twitter: "Could not connect"

14 years 10 months ago #4645 by pbrain.de
The 1st module-param (on the right-side) is caching, this dropdown has one selection only which is set to "Never". The twitter-section also has cache-params, it is enabled there and set to 300. I don't think my IP got banned, as the module was never publishd for everyone, so far it has only run for "Special", so we had limited use only, I assume. I'll check with Twitter-support to make sure and will also try on a Joomla 1.1 installation later...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #4672 by pbrain.de
Today I finally got a reply from twitter-support, but that was not really helpful - just a general template that my case either is a known issue or had been fixed, but no specific about my query :(

So, as the testing-period was over, I went ahead and registred the scroller (I need it anyway, also to display articles).

Could it be that perhaps the module requires any specifics from the PHP-installation which I may not have?

(In my last msg I mentioned trying from another J-install, I only got to do that today, but I now have the choice of a registered scroller-module (for another site) or an outdated test, so I'm afraid I couldn't do that)

14 years 10 months ago #4681 by Saka
Please send a mail with your URL and access info (including admin password and FTP) and I will take a look and try to find out why you have problems connecting to Twitter.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

14 years 10 months ago #4692 by pbrain.de
Thanks Emir, I've emailed the details - pls.let me know if the email shouldn't arrive....

14 years 9 months ago #4762 by wittyone
I am also experiencing this same issue, "Could not connect". Oddly enough, if I choose friends timeline it will actually pull in results. If I change twitter to RSS, it will also pull in the feed, it just doesnt look quite as good as the twitter option...

14 years 9 months ago #4764 by Saka
It's up to connection between your server and Twitter. Can't do anything about it.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch