Need help (willing to pay)

15 years 3 months ago #3734 by lordmakup
Hi,

I just installed Vodes component, and I think it is a great component to customize.
But I'm not that good at programming. So i need a littje bit of help here :)
I have 2 questions.

I want to make that if a user has 10 points it can "buy" an article. So the intro text of the articles is visible for everyone, but if you want to "read more" you need to spend 10 points in it. Then it will be available for you for ever. Hope this is possible?

I want to make a special membership. If the user has 100 points he can spend it on a membership. The membership is just becoming an author.

Hope you guys can help me, if it is really much work to make this i'm willing to pay you for this.

Thanks,

Alexander

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #3742 by tessak22
I need to do the same EXACT thing. Disregard my previous post, and answer this one. If someone has an answer please let me know as well!

15 years 3 months ago #3745 by Saka
There is no simple answer on this. It is a programming specification and only thing you can do is to hire a programmer to implement it on your site.

The Vodes does not implement any type of spending credits. What a programmer should do in this case is to assign the articles a "special" access and implement a feature for users to spend 10 credits to upgrade themselves to "special" status.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch