Which Paypal service do I use?

15 years 7 months ago #3080 by StevieC
I've installed Vodes with my Joomla 1.5 (legacy mode) and it looks good. I've tried to test it in sandbox mode but it still redirects to Paypal and I get an error message about invalid email address. Do I still need to sign up for a merchant account with Paypal to use the sandbox mode? Which Paypal merchant srvice do I sign up for?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 7 months ago #3082 by Saka
developer.paypal.com/

Note that Vodes is not tested with Joomla 1.5.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

15 years 7 months ago #3084 by StevieC
Thanks Saka.

Note that Vodes is not tested with Joomla 1.5

Yes. I just need it so much I thought I'd see how it goes. I think it's fine .... so far  :)

15 years 7 months ago #3086 by StevieC
Hi Saka,
  I've created a sandbox account. Set up a merchant test account. Paypal's given me an email address for this acount which I've entered into the Vodes config and set sandbox to on.

When I try to buy Vodes I keep getting this message from Paypal. Any ideas what I need to do?

We cannot process this transaction because there is a problem with the PayPal email address supplied by the seller. Please contact the seller to resolve the problem. If this payment is for an eBay listing, you can contact the seller via the "Ask Seller a Question" link on the listing page. When you have the correct email address, payment can be made at www.paypal.com .

15 years 7 months ago #3088 by Saka
Hmm, no, I have no idea. If you did everything right it should work as I tested it with Sandbox. Then again, it was long time ago, it's possible that PayPal changed something or that there is some conflict in Joomla 1.5. I really can't tell without testing.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

15 years 7 months ago #3100 by StevieC
Fair enough. I don't think it's the fault of Vodes. I suspect I need to give paypal cc and bank details even though I'm only testing at present.

I'll get back to you after I try that.

Cheers.

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch