Doesn't seems to work

16 years 3 months ago #1916 by 6274stefano
Hi all,

I'm trying to test vodes on Joomla 1.5
Once installed I set the paypal and sandbox mail with the test account (something like "This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it."), and I set the sandbox to "yes".

Going on my site, and opening the Vodes page I tried to make a test payment of 10 euros, but in the Firefox status bar I read "Trying to connect www.paypal.com .." when I expected the sandbox site.

I modified the 2 PHP files to change from www.paypal.com to ww.sandbox.paypal.com the paths
Despite this, the result is always the same.. I receive the following error message from paypal:

We cannot process this transaction because there is a problem with the PayPal email address supplied by the seller. Please contact the seller to resolve the problem. If this payment is for an eBay listing, you can contact the seller via the "Ask Seller a Question" link on the listing page. When you have the correct email address, payment can be made at www.paypal.com .

This even if manually I can succesfully log on the sandbox test site, using the same mail (something like This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.), that I set in the Vodes config.

Resuming my all, I have 2 problems:
1) Using the original Vodes Files it always go on paypal, not on sandbox.
2) I receive an error message for the supplied seller mail, even if it's correctly set in config.

Do you have any suggestion ?

Thanks

Stefano

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 3 months ago #1917 by Saka
None of my components are built for nor tested with Joomla! 1.5. So please use them with Joomla! 1.0 stable. As 1.5 becomes stable the components will be slowly converted and tested with this version.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 3 months ago #1918 by 6274stefano
Thanks for the prompt reply.

I was joked by this link, where there is reported compatibility with 1.5 too:
extensions.joomla.org/component/option,c...nk_id,179/Itemid,35/

Thanks

Stefano

16 years 3 months ago #1920 by Saka
It should be if the backwards compatibility mode in 1.5 worked as it should.
1.5 is, however, still RC and not recommended for production use.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 3 months ago #1921 by 6274stefano
Ciao,

I would try to use it anyway on 1.5.
Considering that the problem seems to be related only to the "vodes.php", iv found that where you wrote:
function display_vodes_form($item) {
global $my, $vode_config;

.. in the following code's lines the "!$my->username" works, but the "$vode_config->sandbox != 1" is always true, even if I see "sandbox = 1" both in the DB and in the administrator interface.

Why "$vode_config" doesn't contain the correct DB values using 1.5 ?

Could this be easy to fix ?

What I'm trying to say is that your admin's lines of the code are correctly able to read the vode_config values from the DB.
But in the vode.php something doesn't work.

I'm not a php expert (indeed I don't know where to put my fingers :-) but probably you need only to use also in the vodes.php the same way to access the DB, that you used in the admin.vodes.

Don't you think so ?

Ciao

Stefano

16 years 3 months ago #1926 by 6274stefano
I've partially solved the problem, inserting the following 2 bold lines, inside vodes.html.php:

global $my, $vode_config;
    $vode_config = new mosVodeConfig( $database );
    $vode_config->load( 1 );

This way I'm ableto complete the sandbox payment, and the operation ends with a page on my site that shows the Vodes message:

"You have succesfully done the payment, your credits have been added and information sent by e-mail.

If credits are not added and you don't receive information by e-mail after 24 hours please contact us."

Now the problem is that on Paypal I see the payment, but the Joomla Site doesn't become updated (credits don't change).

I think that the problem is caused by the following line in the vodes.php:
$database->setQuery("SELECT id FROM #__menu WHERE link = 'index.php?option=com_vodes'");

I don't have any row like that in my DB, because I simly installed Vodes, and pointed to it by link. I didn't added any menù item for it.

Do you have any suggestion ?
Do I miss something ?

Thanks

Stefano

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch