credits not being added

14 years 3 weeks ago #5257 by mxgs
hi Sakic
i'm having a problem with the crediting.
i'm testing vodes on a live site, using paypal's sandbox (business account).
sandbox shows payments go through, i get redirected to the vodes page saying 'You have succesfully made the payment...' but credits don't get added.
the log shows only the first of the 4 payments i've made, although no crediting has been done on that first payment.
what should i check?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 3 weeks ago #5258 by Saka
Check if the PayPal page is accessible to PayPal: http://yourdomain/index.php?option=com_vodes&task=paypal
or if you have SEF: http://yourdomain/component/vodes/paypal/
Should display the blank page, no errors.

Other than that I can't offer anything else. If PayPal is able to reach your site and this address it should work.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

14 years 3 weeks ago #5267 by mxgs
i've recreated the sandbox account properly this time (i was using another paypal account).
i've tested your suggestion and i get a blank page in both cases (with and without sef) - no errors.
the payments are now stuck in paypal: the sandbox mail says they are under revision for up to 24 hours, but they've been there for 3 days now, and i've not received any confirmation nor i can see any confirmation mail on the sandbox.
i'm looking at their forums, unless you know the answer already as to why sandbox is not going ahead in processing the payments?

14 years 3 weeks ago - 14 years 3 weeks ago #5268 by mxgs
sakic, another question (maybe it has an obvious answer, but i couldn't figure it out): PayPal's IPN notification requires a URL for the notification, which one should i use?
(i've got the feeling it may well be one of the two above...)

14 years 3 weeks ago #5269 by Saka
The notification URL is already set in HTML so you don't have to add it specifically. Why are the payments held in PayPal is up to PayPal, the component has nothing to do with that. So check with PayPal.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

14 years 3 weeks ago #5271 by mxgs
right, thanks!

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch