JVodes 1.5 from *****.com

14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #4343 by heho
Hi, the new great component was found. From *****.com

JVodes 1.5 component for Joomla CMS 1.5.x allow users to purchase the credits (vodes) on your site. The component handles the payments adding the user credits automatically to the database using the Moneybookers, 2Checkout or PayPal (beta) payment gateways. It also has administration of the credits, amounts, transactions and configuration in the backend.

The plugin is also available: plugin (vodebox) for jvodes component. It is made for spending the user credits.

What do you think guys?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #4344 by Saka
I think it's an obvious rip-off of my free GPL component and they charge money for that. They also stole our name which is trademark of vodes.net!

Just to inform you according to GPL license whoever buys this can freely distribute it and put it for download. And you can install it on as many sites as you wish ("Note: License fee grants a single site usage" they have no right to put this requirement).

They even stole my license text, lol.
Again, because this is a modification of my GPL component Vodes this component must be GPL too, this is obvious breach of license.

Besides, you won't be needing this anyway because original Vodes is coming for Joomla 1.5 native in couple of days and it is and always will be totally free.

It's people like this that make me reluctant to release anything GPL or open source any more. Disgrace.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch