Drupal extension?

16 years 9 months ago #1143 by netfly
Hello Emir,

At the moment I'm using Joomla because I love this CMS. However I'm thinking to start to use for some projects the Drupal CMS. Some BIG sites like NASA, YAHOO and many others "strong" websites use Drupal for stability, security and flexibility reasons.
What do you think to diversify your business and code some modules for Drupal? Well, I'd be an happy customer  :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 9 months ago #1144 by Saka
Which ones would be most required?
Since I have been in core team of Mambo and Joomla I avoided using other CMS's so I'm not very much into them but why not. :)

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 9 months ago #1145 by netfly
Hello Emir,

At this time I have not a good idea about drupal because I need to finish first a big site with joomla. But I will be happy to give you some ideas when I'll start a site with this CMS! Frankly, I'm waiting the new Drupal theme club at Rockettheme because the actual themes for Drupal are very very bad. Andy Miller is planning to open a theme club.
For sure, Drupal is a niche for theme and good modules.
Drupal have a default url rewriting very good. So, SEF Advance for Drupal is not a good idea. Also, the users management is very powerful. But I will have some ideas very soon ;)

If you want to have a look at the actual modules for Drupal just go here:
drupal.org/project/Modules

16 years 9 months ago #1155 by netfly
Hello,

I think it will be a good start if you can offer ajaxlisting and ajaxrecommend modules for Drupal. Another request is a Geo Location of the users and visitors in a Google Map; moreover, I have this request for joomla too (to show visitors and CB users). Like Geo Community component try to do but without success since there is some serious bugs!
Since those CMS are use for big communities a Geo Location addon showing avatars and some users info will be great!

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch