Upgrade Path

9 years 8 months ago #7344 by BillyS
I'm currently running Joomla 2.5.X and SEF Advance 2011.  I've purchased a license for Joomla 2.5 /3.X.  I'm planning on upgrading the site to Joomla 3.X and I'm trying to figure out the correct upgrade path.  I've tried a couple of different combinations on a test server and I keep breaking SEF Advance and it does not seem easily recoverable (I'm getting missing path errors and the like).

Do I need to uninstall SEF Advance each time I go through an upgrade?  For example, to move to SEF for Joomla 2.5 / 3.X do I need to uninstall SEF Advance 2011 first?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #7347 by Saka
SEF Advance 2011 is not compatible with Joomla 3. You need a new license of SEF Advance. See http://www.sakic.net/news/sef_advance_now_compatible_with_joomla!_3/

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

9 years 8 months ago #7348 by BillyS
As mentioned in my post, I've already purchased a license for Joomla 2.5 /3.X.  I'm asking about the upgrade path.

9 years 8 months ago #7349 by Saka
Do a clean install and import the backed-up settings from the 2.5 site.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch