What happened to Replace function?

10 years 8 months ago #7081 by mortenz
In the version for Joomla 1.5 there was a section for "Replace" where replacement of specific characters could be defined, like å=>aa.

I can't figure out how to get this functionality in the version fo 2.5?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 8 months ago #7082 by Saka
No need for that any more as SEF Advance always use title alias to generate URLs. So if you need any changes you would just change article alias.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

10 years 8 months ago #7089 by mortenz
Thanks - it does mean that I have to manually edit 100-200 articles, but that is doable.

However, it does give me another problem I can't solve. Hyphens "-" are being ignored in the URL's. Unfortunately I have a lot of hyphens in my article titles. On my 1.5 site, a title like "Nytårstale 2012-2013" would get get the alias "nytarstale-2012-2013" and the URL "/nytaarstale_2012-2013/".

On my 2.5 version of the site the URL is "/nytarstale_2012_2013/". I can change the "a" to "aa", but the missing hyphen is killing me.

Any suggestions?

10 years 8 months ago #7090 by Saka
You can't edit the alias to have hyphens?

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

10 years 8 months ago #7091 by mortenz
Hyphens in alias' gets translated in to underscores in URL's and I'm not allowed to enter underscores in to alias'. So that is like a catch 22.

Exemple:
1.5 site:
Title: Vela - fremtidens motionscykel
Alias: vela-fremtidens-motionscykel
URL: /vela_-_fremtidens_motionscykel/

2.5 site:
Title: Vela - fremtidens motionscykel
Alias: vela-fremtidens-motionscykel
URL: /vela_fremtidens_motionscykel/

In SEF Advance configuration I have set Space to be "_"

10 years 8 months ago #7092 by Saka
That's one of the differences and due to Joomla limitations can't be worked around. I would use phpMyAdmin to edit aliases directly in the database for such URLs.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch