SEF Advance and nginx support?

11 years 2 months ago #6891 by zip
Hello Sakic,

for my new Joomla project I want to go away from Apache and switch to nginx since everybody says it's so much better, faster, more secure and easier to setup than Apache.

Does SEF Advance work with nginx? And if not, do you plan to add support for it? As far as I know ionCube is also available for nginx, but the lack of a htaccess file could perhaps be problematic.

Right now I can't test if the trial version works with nginx because so far I haven't been able to make the default SEF url's work in my Joomla nginx setup because this whole URL rewrite stuff is still too complicated for me.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 2 months ago #6892 by Saka
I haven't really tried. You should get the built-in SEF working first. I can't really support setting up your server. A quick search indicate that rewrite is possible wiki.nginx.org/NginxHttpRewriteModule but it probably requires different setup.

Note that you can always run SEF Advance (and built-in SEF) without mod_rewrite, it's just that in that case you have "index.php" in your URLs.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch