SOLVED - Problem with relative url and broken images

11 years 9 months ago #6665 by Run Design
Hi everybody,

scenario:
  • Joomla 1.5.26
  • JCE 2.2.1.2
  • Sef Advance 2.4.9
  • some other plugin (mobile joomla, AcyMailing, extplorer...)

i spent over three hours to understand why my website moved to a new server (and updated to latest joomla 1.5 release) had the problem with relative url and all broken images.

I read lots of topics in this forum about the "System SEF plugin" (yes, the answer is definitively there!).
I though the plugin was not visible in plugin section (it was not visible in the list), and also that the only way to switch it on/off was to use radio buttons in the System SEO (under configuration). I was wrong.

Then i downloaded latest Joomla 1.5 release and zipped "plugin/system/sef.php" & "plugin/system/sef.php", tried to install with "component install", but with no luck, because Joomla told me the plugin was already installed.

So, i deleted manually "plugin/system/sef.php" & "plugin/system/sef.php" in my joomla website and then installed the System Sef plugin via component install et voilà! Here it is in the plugin list, activated and *BOOM* worked like a charme.

Just wanted to share my solution just in case someone else is in need of help.

Thanks to Sakic for this great component!

Ciao!
Mauro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch