Problem with replacing not working

12 years 9 months ago #6210 by vedouze
Hello!
Using Joomla 1.5.23 + jreviews 2.2.2 + SEF 2.4.6
All my jreviews product pages URL  works apart when they have a special character in their title (é/ê...) => I get a 404.

I tried adding the following replacements but with no success.

À=>AA,Á=>AAA,Â=>AAAA,Ã=>AAAAA,Ä=>AAAAAA,Å=>AAAAAAA,Æ=>AAAAAAAA,Ç=>CC,È=>EE,É=>EEE,Ê=>EEEE,Ë=>EEEEE,Ì=>II,Í=>III,Î=>IIII,Ï=>IIIII,Ñ=>NN,Ò=>OO,Ó=>OOO,Ô=>OOOO,Õ=>OOOOO,Ö=>OOOOOO,Ø=>OOOOOOO,Ù=>UU,Ú=>UUU,Û=>UUUU,Ü=>UUUUU,Ý=>YY,à=>aa,á=>aaa,â=>aaaa,ã=>aaaaa,ä=>aaaaaa,å=>aaaaaaa,æ=>aaaaaaaa,ç=>cc,è=>ee,é=>eee,ê=>eeee,ë=>eeeee,ì=>ii,í=>iii,î=>iiii,ï=>iiiii,ð=>oo,ñ=>nn,ò=>ooo,ó=>oooo,ô=>ooooo,õ=>oooooo,ö=>ooooooo,ø=>oooooooo,ù=>uu,ú=>uuu,û=>uuuu,ü=>uuuuu,ý=>yy,ý=>yyy,ÿ=>yyyy

i've checked and I have sef_ext.php in my jreviews component folder.
Don't know what to do? What should I check?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #6211 by Saka
Replace like that won't work. You must use unique replacements.
If you use È=>EE and É=>EEE the problem is that EE is contained within EEE so the string EEE may be mistaken for ÈE instead of É.

Hope this makes sense. The better solution for you is to use title alias or manual aliases.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

12 years 9 months ago #6212 by vedouze
Hello Emir,
Thanks for your quick answer.
Actually I'm already using Alias in the SEF config, should it work? Manual I cannot, i have 15000 products in the DB

For example, in my web, example of link not working:
www.belleza-chic.com/Acondicionador-Revi...en-Belleza-Chic.html

The working URL should be instead:
www.belleza-chic.com/Acondicionador-Revi...en-Belleza-Chic.html

Thanks for your guidance

12 years 9 months ago #6214 by vedouze
Alias is switch on in the config so I don't understand why I still have accent coded in my URL?

12 years 9 months ago #6215 by Saka
Yes, that's strange. Best to send the access info on mail and I will take a look on your site.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

12 years 9 months ago #6217 by vedouze
Had a look at the DB and realized some of the alias have accents and special caracters due to the initial csv import.
So I'll replace them in the alias and I should work.
Thanks anyway

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch