Disabling SEF Advance for a module/menu

13 years 1 month ago #6066 by gianpietro
Hi!

Is it possible to disable SEF Advance for a menu, link, alias or module?

My problem is that a 3rd party dropdown menu module called Accordion Menu Lite (from Joomseller), does not work well with SEF Advance.  I already asked them for support, but in the meantime I would like to know how to disable SEF in this case, as it is a module and not a component.

Thanks!!
Gianpietro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #6067 by Saka
SEF Advance creates URLs. URLs are alway generated by some components, not by modules. So you can disable SEF Advance for the links the module generates.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

13 years 1 month ago #6068 by gianpietro
How do I disable SEF Advance on the specific links?

thanks,
Gianpietro

13 years 1 month ago #6072 by gianpietro
Hi Emir,

I see what you mean.  Since this module links to the JEvents component, I disabled SEF from the JEvents component, but I'm still having the issue.

I read the FAQ section about Item Ids and I think the problem is that the different menu/submenu options all link to the same component (JEvents), and even though they have different Item Ids, SEF Advance is only getting the first one.
This works well with Joomla Router, however, as it resolves to the alias.

Is there any workaround?

Thanks,
Gianpietro

13 years 1 month ago #6089 by gianpietro
Hi,

I dropped a couple of messages in the "services" area, just in case this would need a new development.  It is real important for me to resolve this issue.

Thanks!
Gianpietro

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch