Problem with Read More on My Blog 3.0.332

13 years 3 months ago #5941 by ozeire
Guys

So sorry for being back so soon with another problem but a bit stuck .

I emailed support.azrul.com with the probelm below .

I seem to be have a slight problem again with the read More fuction on My Blog 3.0.332 when I have SEF 2.3.6 active . The Read More function won't work .

Also if you click on the blog name in Myblog Latest Entry it won't open the blog.

When I add My Blog into Ignored components in SEF 2.3.6 every thing works fine .

I have made sure I have all of My Blog uptodate but still not working . Any chance someone could take a look at it or point me in the right direction of a fix for it

I have it running on 2 sites

Live site

www.ozeire.com (May Blog n Ignored components in SEF 2.3.6 read More and click on name in Myblog Latest Entry working)

Test Site

www.sandbox.ozeire.com (May Blog not in Ignored components in SEF 2.3.6 read More n click on name in Myblog Latest Entry not working)

You fixed it before for me on the older version of My Blog with an updated sef_ext.zip I think have attached the one you sent me before

They took a look and advised me that seems to be a conflit with SEF Advances Plugin  and  My Blog

If SEF Advances Plugin is disabled all works fine but enable it and the problem start with My Blog again .

Is there any thing i can download to update SEF Advances Plugin  or any thing to make it work with MY Blog . I have the latest of both installed

Thanks

Al

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #5942 by Saka
MyBlog extension for SEF Advance (sef_ext.php) is provided by Azrul, not by us. So I don't see how it conflicts with SEF Advance. I can take a look if you send the details on mail.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

13 years 3 months ago #5943 by ozeire
Thanks Saka

Have sent an email with deatils .

13 years 3 months ago #5944 by Saka
OK, I had a look and this is clearly bug with MyBlog component!

The links on your blog listing are like:
www.sandbox.ozeire.com/index.php?option=...l-ok.html&Itemid=268

While they should be like:
www.sandbox.ozeire.com/index.php?option=...er=ozeire&Itemid=268

Thus, sef_ext.php (also made by Azrul) can not create correct SEF links which should be:
www.sandbox.ozeire.com/myblog/ozeire/upd...ogin-and-all-ok.html
Instead they are just:
www.sandbox.ozeire.com/myblog/updated-login-and-all-ok.html
which fails.

You should talk to Azrul to fix bugs with his software. Me fixing his bugs is not a solution.

Now, if you don't want to use sef_ext.php you can just remove it and router.php will be used. You can also set SEF Advance to ignore this component and router.php (default Joomla SEF) will be used. SEF Advance 2.4.3 is required for this, on older versions you must delete or rename sef_ext.php.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch