SEF Alias and Registration

17 years 3 weeks ago #605 by BillyS
Does SEF Avance work with Joomla registration?

I'm trying to get the alias:

index.php?option=com_registration&task=lostPassword

to be:

Registration

but it's not working...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 3 weeks ago #606 by Saka
Registration links in Joomla are not SEF'ed at all. And that's for reason, they have nothing to do with search engines.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

17 years 3 weeks ago #614 by BillyS
I'm not asking the question because of search engines - although I do understand this is SEF Advance.  I'm asking so that I can try and make all of the URL names consistent.  In fact I do block all SE in robots.txt from both registration and lost password.  I would continue to do so even if they could be made SEF.

17 years 3 weeks ago #615 by Saka
They can be made SEF only if you hack core. They are not SEF enabled in Joomla itself. Nothing to do with SEF Advance. Not even core SEF is supported for registration links.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

17 years 3 weeks ago #635 by BillyS
Thanks for the quick response.  I do understand. Besides for just a couple of oddballs like these I always have the option of re-writing directly via .htaccess

Thanks again...

17 years 3 weeks ago #640 by Saka
Actually, on the second sight, registration links are SEF-ed, just not enabled in SEF Advance.
I will take care of it for the next version, thanks.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch