Passing variables

17 years 4 weeks ago #602 by cgourlay
I am using a mambot called mosmodule to include a custom php script in some of my pages. For example, I have a static content item called events. It uses custom php to extract a list of events from another database and list them in a page. Each event has a link to a details page. In order to make the details page, I setup a static content item called event-details. I then created an alias in SEF Advance called event-details.php to run this page. It works, but the problem is that if I append a variable onto it like event-details.php?event_id=100 it breaks. I used to be able to do this with Open SEF, can it be done with SEF Advance?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 4 weeks ago #603 by cgourlay
I think I have solved this. I used the url /event-details/2815 (where 2815 represents the event_id). When I echoed $REQUEST_URI I found that 2815 had been assigned to the variable limitstart. Not sure what this variable is for but if I query my events table where id=limitstart, I get my event data.

17 years 3 weeks ago #666 by Saka
Great. I love creative users. :)

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch