Search Results Point To Homepage

13 years 4 months ago #5849 by sbmg0604
When I search for topic on my site, all JoomGallery links (excluding menu items) will link to the homepage. If I view an article as well (com_content) it will cause all JoomGallery links to link directly to the homepage as well. If I turn SEF Advanced 2008 (SA2008) off then the default SEF settings kick in and everthing works like I need it to, but I lose functionality of the software SA2008 on other components. Is there any possible way to choose to disable specific core components?

If there is not, is there some script that I can place in the router.php file under com_search so that SEF Advanced will ignore the component?

I have been messing with this for 5 hours and I have done nothing but pulled my hair out. I have also scoured the internet for similar problems on JoomGallery forums and SA2008 forums without any luck.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Steven

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #5850 by Saka
Hello,

Sounds like an issue with JoomGallery component. Have you tried ignoring the component in SEF Advance configurations? If that doesn't help please send the access info on mail and I will take a look.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

13 years 4 months ago #5910 by sbmg0604
I have tried ignoring the problem but it doesn't affect it at all. I sent you the admin access info to your email.

Steven

13 years 4 months ago #5911 by sbmg0604

I have tried ignoring the problem but it doesn't affect it at all. I sent you the admin access info to your email.

I meant ignoring the component. Ignoring the problem has never been a good solution.  :)

Steven

13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #5945 by Saka
Hi,

It has been solved on your site now.

For the record: the bug was in JoomGallery component which was calling a link without option parameter in it. It is somehow working with core SEF but it doesn't mean it's the right way to do it.

I corrected it and just added "option=com_joomgallery" to the link in the helper and now SEF Advance creates links fine.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch