blogcategory and blogsection

17 years 4 weeks ago #596 by basicus
I have a little problem: I have just switched over from JoomSEF, and wonder if it is possible to keep my old url structure. We have done a whole lot of link-building to urls like www.devenia.com/cars/honda/ (fictive address)

The problem is that we use almost only blogcategory in the links, and with your component that results in urls like www.devenia.com/blogcategory/honda/

Is there any way to make it possible to get Sef Advance to override using category table as standard so I can keep the old structure?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 4 weeks ago #597 by Saka
Hello,

No, it's not possible. It is easy to implement on solutions that use database to store URLs like OpenSEF and JoomSEF, but not so simple on on-the-fly solution like SEF Advance.

You can however change "blogcategory" string to "cars" so you get the same result.

This is a feature that has been requested and I will be looking at it but not sure if it will be implemented.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

17 years 4 weeks ago #598 by basicus
I see.

I have made 301 redirects for most of the url's now, so my client should not lose to much rankings hopefully.

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch