Compatible with visualrecommend

17 years 1 month ago #410 by jbrowdy
I just installed a great little component from visualclinic called visualrecommend. It essentially extends the ability of a reader to recommend an article on your site to a friend.

It does not seem to work with any sef options. I have emailed the developer, but while their site is very pretty, it does not seem that there is a user community associated with it.

The component is essentially a form that uses an article's id to send a recommendation email to a friend or a group of friends.  The email sends properly when the core Joomla is turned off.  But if it is turned on, the emails simply do not send. 

SEF Advance seems to come the closest to accomplishing the task among all the seo components in that the component does not use a SEO-type of URL if it is set to "ignore" the component.  But upon hitting the submit button, you don't get the confirmation that the email sent, and indeed it does not send.

This component is exactly what I am looking for.  Can the developer here kindly look into making this component "play nice" with SEF Advance?  If so, I would love to buy it.  Visualrecommend can be found HERE .

Alternativey, is there any chance you could extend your recommend modules to recommend a specific article or page?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 1 month ago #414 by Saka
Hello,

Unfortunately I can't make sure 1000's of available components out there play nice with SEF Advance.
In fact, if properly written, all components should work both with core SEF and SEF Advance.

But I am willing to take a look on this for you as support after the purchase.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

17 years 1 month ago #417 by jbrowdy
Thanks for your consideration. I actually figured out a simple way to make it work with any of the sef components. 

By the way, I would love to see another recommend component that allows a reader to extends the core "email to a friend" functionality.  You have a good start with your recommend components.  It would be great if you could develop a similar component that allows a reader to recommend a specific article (like visualrecommend).

Thanks again!

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch