No Photos in Frontend

15 years 1 month ago - 15 years 1 month ago #3919 by iyaburo
I have just downloaded and installed a trial version of your AJAX Photo Album. I have configured the component, created albums, uploaded photos to the albums, and created an APA menu item.

However, nothing is showing up in the menu. I get Server Error 500 when opening the page on the frontend. In FF, the page is totally blank because of the error. Nothing shows up, and even looking in the page source I find it totally blank. IE7 just crashes with Server Error 500.

Please help. Thanks

UPDATE: I already use a licensed version of your SEF Advanced, so I have moved past the ioncube configuration hurdle. This is a Windows IIS6 server, PHP 5.2.5, using FastCGI. Hope this additional info helps you in helping me test this awesome component.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 1 month ago #3922 by Saka
Can't say anything without looking at the site so please send a mail with URL and access info.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

15 years 1 month ago #3923 by iyaburo
I can send you a URL, but all you will see is nothing.

If you are asking for admin access to the site, then I will have to just move on to testing other gallery because corporate policies PREVENT me from giving that information to an external party.

I can certainly provide all the non-intrusive information you need to assist here, short of giving you admin credentials. I can assist with all the troubleshooting you may require, and I can certainly collect whatever data/log/report you think may be necessary. But, Admin pass?

The idea of requesting admin access to other people's infrastructure is actually very interesting... for lack of a better word. I can understand it if all your customers are just hobbyists, but when Joomla is being so rapidly adopted at the corporate and mainstream media level, isn't it time that you guys move away from this idea of saying "send me your admin credentials, and I will fix it" support model?

Just saying.

15 years 1 month ago - 15 years 1 month ago #3924 by Saka
I have never seen that error and I can not replicate it. It would take many many hours of mailing back and forth without any results if you won't provide URL. Been there, done that.

It is 100 times more effective, when debugging, to get URL (and admin/FTP if required) and sometimes it is absolutely necessary in order to get somewhere.

In this case I asked for URL to begin with, if you can't provide it, I can't help you. Saying "all you will see is nothing" doesn't help. Sometimes I can see much more from a blank page and the domain than one may think. If not, I will ask for more, but forum is not a place for such support, I asked you to send a mail.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch