Can't add or edit albums

15 years 1 month ago #3990 by wirecreative

You probably have a javascript error. It might be because of this: www.sakic.net/support/faq/ajax_photo_album/#2

Point your browser to www.yoursite.com/administrator/component...m_apa/scriptload.php

If you get an error then it's that problem. This file must have execution rights.

I'm having the same problems, on site running Joomla 1.0.12.

The above solution doesn't work because there is no such file as www.yoursite.com/administrator/component...m_apa/scriptload.php .

There is www.yoursite.com/administrator/components/com_apa/ admin.scriptload.php.

Could this be part of the problem? I copied the admin.scriptload.php file and renamed the copy scriptload.php and gave it 777 permissions, but there's still no option to create albums in the component admin.

Seems like a lot of people are having this problem. ???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 1 month ago #3991 by Saka
Right, it should be admin.scriptload.php

Make sure it's executable:
www.yoursite.com/administrator/component...admin.scriptload.php

It should display like this:
joomla.sakic.net/administrator/component...admin.scriptload.php

If it displays anything else you have a server problem.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

15 years 1 month ago #3992 by wirecreative

Right, it should be admin.scriptload.php

Make sure it's executable:
www.yoursite.com/administrator/component...admin.scriptload.php

It should display like this:
joomla.sakic.net/administrator/component...admin.scriptload.php

If it displays anything else you have a server problem.

Thanks, I checked the server error logs. turns out permissions were too loose on the admin/components directory. When I fixed that, it worked.

Is it odd that loose permissions would create an error?

15 years 1 month ago #3993 by Saka
I don't know what you mean by "loose permissions".

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

14 years 11 months ago #4390 by tflores21
I'm having the same issue.  Changed permissions on the 2 files as indicated.  Check with my hosting company and their reply on the "bad request" message:

"This error is not caused due to any permission issue. This is some thing related with your script. Please check it. Please understand that if it was a permission error it will not show as "Bad Request". Also please note that, we don't have script support."

My link is
www.teamflores.com/joomcf/administrator/...admin.scriptload.php

This is a demo version.  I'll purchase if I can get this to work!

14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #4392 by Saka
Everything is fine with that file. It's never called without arguments, that's why it gives you "Bad Request". When it's called with right query string it's all fine, the javascript is loaded:
http://www.teamflores.com/joomcf/administrator/components/com_apa/admin.scriptload.php?file[0]=extjs/adapter/ext/ext-base.js&file[1]=extjs/ext-all.js&file[2]=extjs/ux/UploadDialog/Ext.ux.UploadDialog.js&file[3]=js/admin.apa.ext.js&gzip=1

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch