AJAX Photo Gallery Question / Suggestion

16 years 4 months ago #1799 by cksokolov
I have spent some time this evening demo'ing the Ajax Photo Gallery.

Let me start by saying positives--

- Installs flawlessly (besides the version incompatibility I noted in another thread)

- Looks nice from an administrator side.

- Works fast and nicely from front-end side.

The Joomla! community is in need of a reliable supported photograph gallery in my mind.  This ALMOST has what a site like mine needs.  HOWEVER, the inability to make basic descriptions and titles for photograph galleries and photographs is significant for me.  I need to be able to say something like: "On November 11, the annual office party was held" as opposed to a folder name.

In most galleries, this is handled in a database that corresponds to the folder structure.  I know this system is fast because it doesn't use a database.

Anyway, I don't know if this product will ever expand, but please consider this a hearty vote "Yes" for such a feature.  I would pay much more for something that could replace the broken Zoom Media Gallery ( www.zoomfactory.org ) I have to use, now.

Thanks for your responses today, and for any thoughts you might have on this issue (Emir and anybody!)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 4 months ago #1800 by Saka
Hello and thanks for trying AJAX Photo Album.

The custom title, album and image description are the first things on my list for next version.
As you already noted, the reason such features were not included in this first release was that I wanted to keep albums database independent. In next version these features will be optional and you will be able to add additional info for selected images.

AJAX Photo Album is subject to constant development and I welcome the feedback from users while implementing new features. And you can be sure that most requested features will be implemented very soon and, of course, all existing customers will be able to upgrade for free.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 4 months ago #1801 by cksokolov

Hello and thanks for trying AJAX Photo Album.

The custom title, album and image description are the first things on my list for next version.
As you already noted, the reason such features were not included in this first release was that I wanted to keep albums database independent. In next version these features will be optional and you will be able to add additional info for selected images.

AJAX Photo Album is subject to constant development and I welcome the feedback from users while implementing new features. And you can be sure that most requested features will be implemented very soon and, of course, all existing customers will be able to upgrade for free.

Great!  This all sounds very promising.  Looking forward to it.  If you need a serious, technically inclined beta-tester for these features, you'll know where to turn.  ;D

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch