Ajax Register

6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #7924 by moozarkgrl
This component is not working for me and need help! Everything installs correctly, but this register does not override the Joomla register.

The Joomla module calls the following:
newsometax.com/index.php/component/users/?view=registration
newsometax.com/index.php/component/users/?view=remind
newsometax.com/index.php/component/users/?view=reset

After installing the Ajax Register, and all plugins are active, the calls above remain the same. Nothing changed and I still have the Joomla login.

If I manually type in:
newsometax.com/index.php/component/ajaxr...r/?view=registration
....... I do get the Ajax Registration Page.
I can register with the new fields, login and logout.

So if it's just the registration portion that is modified, then why doesn't it modify the registration portion of the Joomla Login Module????

Can't locate "Basic" Installation instructions for this. When I looked at the demo, it's registration was under the users component.

My understanding was that this would override the Joomla module with it's own (register,login,logout,remind,reset) But since it doesn't create a module for that purpose, I assume it's working with the Joomla module but with modifications just on the registration side?

Again, any basic documents on this process would be appreciated. None on the site for this product.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 3 months ago #7926 by Saka
Hello,

Yes, you assume right. The reason why it still shows the old registration for you is because you have another component (K2) that already overrides Joomla's registration. You need to turn that off and it's explained how here: www.sakic.net/support/faq/ajax-register/#q2

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

6 years 3 months ago #7929 by moozarkgrl
Yes K2 is installed but the K2 User plugin is NOT enabled.??

6 years 2 months ago #7930 by Saka
It can't be anything else, it is enabled. Send the admin info and I will have a look.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

5 years 11 months ago #7965 by mabdelhady
Hello,

Were you able to figure this out? I'm having the same issue too. Everything is installed correctly and I created an AJAX registration menu item but it takes me to the default Joomla login form when I test it.Please help.

Thanks!

5 years 11 months ago #7969 by Saka
Hi mabdelhady,

If you still have issues send me an email with access information and I will have a look.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch