Custom Fields showing up twice on the registration form

6 years 11 months ago #7814 by gsmithfarmer
With Joomla 3.7 and the latest AjaxRegister the "Company or Organization" extra field is appearing twice on the registration page.
Once immediately under Email Address (this is new) and also under "Additional Info"

This, of course, prevents us from upgrading to Joomla 3.7. What needs to be done?

We have made no customizations to AjaxRegister.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 11 months ago #7815 by Agadoo
Hi,

I can confirm the issue. The Ajax User register plugin seems not to be fully compatible with joomla 3.7. All custom fields show up twice.
The other day was a security announcement to upgrade to joomla 3.7. Hence a downgrade to a known unsafe joomla version isn't an option and we'd to diasable the ajax user register plugin. Please tackle this issue as quickly as possible. Thanks in advance!

Kind Regards

Michael Keil

6 years 10 months ago #7818 by Saka
Hi guys,

This has been fixed now in AJAX Register 3.7.2. Please upgrade and let me know if you have any issues.

Btw, Joomla 3.6.5 does not have any known security issues. Joomla 3.7 brings new features but no security improvements over 3.6.5. So it's not "known unsafe joomla version", don't know where you got that info from.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

6 years 10 months ago #7821 by Agadoo
Hi Eric,

thanks for proving a fix. Please check: developer.joomla.org/security-centre.html
Issue: CVE-2017-8057 for details regarding the security incident with Joomla 3.6.5

Kind Regards
Michael

6 years 10 months ago #7823 by Saka
Hi,

Yes, I am aware of these, but these are all minor issues that would be very hard to practically exploit. So I wouldn't go as far as calling Joomla 3.6.5 insecure only because of these. On the contrary, I will hold off with updating my sites right away because of some features it allegedly breaks and 3rd party compatibility issues like this one. :)

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

6 years 9 months ago #7845 by swdata
I am still getting the issue of the custom fields showing twice after updating to the latest version., but only in certain circumstances. If the user clicks directly on the register link it only shows up once, but if you add a product to the cart and then the user registration form appears with the duplicated custom fields.

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch