Ajax Scroller - Can product do this?

7 years 8 months ago #7714 by Trozos
Hello and thank you in advance.

I want a scroller which will display Events of History that happen in each day. The articles (365 each for every day of the year) will be in a specific category, and i want the scroller to "read" the article of the "day" and display it inside the website. From other topics i have read that you can limit the number of articles displayed in the module (so it can show only one article of the specific day), but is there an option on how to select the article (lets say the last one that published), and also can Ajax Scroller be "programmed" so it can show the same article a year from now, so i will do the job once?

Thank you again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #7716 by Saka
Hello,

No, it will display the article according to the order you specify. Options are:
Ordering ASC
Ordering DESC
Created date ASC
Created date DESC
Modified date ASC
Modified date DESC
Frontpage
Random

You can have additional plugin to publish / unpublish certain articles in the category by date to achieve what you want, but it's not something that is built-in in AJAX Scroller.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net
The following user(s) said Thank You: Trozos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch