identical duplicate account (username and emai)

7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #7670 by baijianpeng
I use AJAX Register v3.67 (the latest version at present) on my Joomla 3.4.8 website. It seems works fine until today I found a weird thing:

When I checking my email box I got two notification emails for the same person about his user account created on my website. I was confused why there are two notifications, so I went to my Joomla backend and searched his email address in "user manager", I got following result:

Attachment duplicate-user-accounts-created.jpg not found

From above screenshot, you can see that there are two user accounts use the identical SAME username and email, ONLY the user ID is different.

Please notice the registration time, only 2 seconds interval between them. That is impossible for a human visitor to submit the registration form again in 2 seconds. So this must be a problem of one Joomla extension on my website.

Maybe this is a bug of AJAX Register? Or maybe it was just affected by some other extension, such as JCH Optimize or JotCache ?

Hope you will help me to solve this problem .

Thank you.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 11 months ago #7671 by Saka
Yes, it's strange. AJAX Register should not create 2 identical registration and I've never seen anything like that. If you manage to replicate and think it's AJAX Register please contact me again with the steps to reproduce.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch