Extra Fields not showing on front end

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #7596 by macrolific
Hi, Emir.

I've updated Ajax Register to 3.6.6 from 3.0.4, and I've also changed to a new website template. I have 13 Extra Fields set up, but none is showing up on the front end Registration Form page, although all DO display correctly on the Edit User Profile page.

When I switch back to my old template, the Registration Form page issue remains, which suggests to me that the issue is unrelated to the template.

I'd be grateful if you would help. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 2 months ago #7597 by Saka
Do you use any other user registration or user profile plugins? If so, disable them. Make sure you access Joomla registration page and not some other 3rd party component. You can be sure you open Joomla registration by going to domain.com/component/users/?task=registration
There you should see AJAX Register and all published extra fields if they are set to be displayed on registration and if you don't have other user 3rd party plugins enabled that may interfere.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

8 years 2 months ago #7598 by macrolific
Thanks. The only 3rd party user registration or profile plugin I'm using is Email As Username. I know Email As Username and AJAX Register used to be compatible. Are they still?

8 years 2 months ago #7599 by Saka
There is Email as Username option in AJAX Register, you don't need any other, disable it and try. Have you tried domain.com/component/users/?task=registration and you still don't see the fields?

If so send me the access info on mail and I will take a look.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

8 years 2 months ago #7608 by macrolific
Sorry for taking up your time, Emir. My mistake. I simply didn't realize that the Extra Fields had to be set up in Registration Form menu item Options. I hadn't set that up with version 3.0.4, and it seemed to work regardless, so I didn't think to look there with the upgrade either.

Regards,
Jon

8 years 2 months ago #7611 by Saka
They have to be set through the menu only if you access the registration form through menu entry URL. That's so you can have multiple registration forms for different groups with different extra fields.

If you only have one registration form you don't need to add registration in menu at all, you simply access the regular registration link and you will see all extra fields. That's why I told you (twice) to access it using this link: domain.com/component/users/?task=registration (regular Joomla registration URL) but you ignored it.

It has nothing to do with AJAX Register version, it has always been the same.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch