Ajax Register - ToolTip question

8 years 3 months ago #7581 by TimA
Hello,

Hope you might be able to give me a pointer ?

I use your Ajax Regsiter package.

Have looked for a way to solve this - but not fouynd it (yet). Maybe I have not looked hard enough.

When hovering over any registration form field label - the Tooltip (or hastoolTip) - the text that appears as a tooltip (mayvbe you could also describe it as the "Description field" (?) appears typically as, and I use an example here with gaps just in case it causes an issue): < strong >First Name< / strong >< br / >Enter your first name

So the HTML is showing but not being acted upon.

I can find, in the Language overrides area where to edit what text appears after the line break - but not where to edit the html including what is before and including the line break.

So, can you point me to either:

- Where to check to see why the HTML is ineffective;

or

- Where to go to edit the HTML;

or

- where to go to be able to disable (hide) the "ToolTips". (or indicate what css to do so).

Wishing you a happy new year.

Regards,

Tim.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 3 months ago #7582 by Saka
Hello,

It's probably your template that messes it up. The default installation doesn't have that problem, see joomla3.sakic.net/users/registration/

Can you post your URL so I can check?

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

8 years 3 months ago #7583 by TimA
Hello Saka,

Many thanks for your reply.

I owe you an apology . . .

. . . some further investigation showed that my "issue" was not limited to the Register form, but also to the Contact form hasTooltips, and (yes - another one) the captcha-recaptcha.

Following a process of disabling  plugins one by one - the issue went away - so, I apologise for wasting any of your time - it is down to a third party plugin - I have contacted the third party plugin developer and am waiting his reponse.

Without yet hearing the developer's reply maybe it would be unfair for me to say what the plugin is at this point - though ultimately knowing it may help other users.

Regards,

Tim.

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch