Ajax Register Dependency

8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #7564 by kiscompany
Hello everybody. Excellent component, thank you Emir!

I have a trouble with the Dependency (last version of the component).

My goal:

I have 4 users groups (Individuals, Large companies, Enterprise Companies and Universities), I allowed  users to choose group and made it mandatory. So now I have a field User Groups with 4 drop downs.

What I can't manage to do is how to add some custom fields different for every group. The dependency stays at None when I create a new custom field.

I need for example a field Role with drop downs for group Large Companies (invisible for others) and a field Occupation with drop downs for Individuals (invisible for others).

Is my goal a possible one and if so can you give me some directions please .

Thank you in advance,
Jenny

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 3 months ago #7565 by Saka
Hello,

The only fields that can create dependencies are multiple radio buttons and select list. User group selection can't create dependency.

So, the only way to have different fields for different groups right now is to create separate registration form for each group through the menu and assign fields to each.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

8 years 3 months ago #7570 by kiscompany
Thank you so much!

Nice tip, it did the trick :)

Really excellent component!

8 years 2 months ago #7575 by Saka
Thanks!  :)

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch