does AJAX Register offer these features?

9 years 5 months ago #7392 by baijianpeng
I had read the introduction about AJAX Register extension, however, I still am not sure whether it offers following features:

1. restrict the username pattern:
For example, forbid special characters and empty space character in username, ONLY allow "alphanumeric" username.

2.limit the min and max username length.

3. automatically remove the user accounts which had never activated  for X days after regiestration.

4. automatically remove the user accounts which had never login in for X days after activation.

5.offer an option to allow registered user delete his own user account from "my profile" page, if he has no special actions (such as posting on forum, or buying products, or posting comments) recorded except login in and out.

6.integrate with 3rd party user management extensions such as Community Builder (CB) or EasySocial, to directly insert those data collected via AJAX Register into user profile.

7. add support for Social Login on the Login form page of AJAX Register component.

Could you please confirm that which of above features AJAX Register can offer, or can not, or will offer in a near future.

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #7393 by Saka
Nothing from your wishlist at this time.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

9 years 5 months ago #7406 by baijianpeng
Will you add these features? especially the first one: restrict username patterns ?

And When?

Thank you.

9 years 5 months ago #7407 by Saka
I could add that feature with custom regex. I haven't gotten many requests for that though so it's not high priority right now but I will see if I have some time.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

9 years 5 months ago #7409 by baijianpeng
I think the "preventing special character and empty space character in username" feature should be a Joomla core default, but Joomla team did not offer this feature.

Thinking about member profile page URL when SEF enabled, how bad the URL will be if the username contains special characters? Like:
http://www.abc.com/member/mikecarpenter

and
http://www.abc.com/member/mike%20carpenter

Whick one is better?

Are you a Joomla core team member? If Joomla core team will not add this feature, then I hope some 3rd party extension like AJAX Register will have such a feature.

8 years 2 months ago #7602 by baijianpeng
Today I bought Ajax Register, I am glad to enjoy the new features this component brought to my website.

However, I still want to see above suggested features added to this great software.

Hope you will find some time to add them, especially the limit of username (length and allowed characters).

Thank you.

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch