Dependency not working properly

10 years 2 days ago #7300 by chiefr19
On my registration form my customers will be sending me login information on various web accounts. The fields on the form are as follows:

Type of account (drop down selection)
url ___
username ___
password____
Would you like to add another account?
Yes or No (from a drop list)

When the customer chooses yes I want to have five more fields duplicate so that another account could be added
Type of account
URL___
Username___
Password__
would you like to add another account?

When I set up the dependency on the response of yes to the dependency field question "would you like to add another account" only 1 new field will auto populate(Type or account). I would like all five fields to appear when that option has been chosen. I have not made the fields required, so what would I need to do to complete this task? Or is this extension incapable of doing this? Also I set the same options for dependency for all five fields.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 2 days ago #7301 by Saka
Hi,

You are correct, only 1 field can be dependent of a single state of the dependancy field. Which means you can display 1 field for state Yes and 1 field for state No selected. You can't display multiple fields for state Yes.

But since I got this request already I will have a look if it's possible to integrate in the next version.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

10 years 1 day ago #7302 by Saka
Hi again,

The new version (3.3) is out and it is now possible to set several fields dependent of a single value of dependency field. So, when the value is selected, all fields dependent on this value will be displayed.

The new version also brings other improvements (like ability to set an intro text to your registration forms) so give it a try.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch