Ajax Listing..not listing

16 years 11 months ago #745 by casey
Hi. This seems like a pretty cool module, however it just sits there spinning "loading". I tried some of the pre-configured commands as well as some of my own to be sure, but no luck.

For example:
SELECT name FROM smf_boards ORDER BY ID_BOARD

I understand this is a new product and may require various some various environment tests. Any advice what to do next?
My Server:
PHP Version 4.4.6
CentOS release 4.4
(Any special PHP settings needed?)

I also tried unzipping locally to investigate the problem but the module is encoded. Do you have a decrypted version available for "trusted developers"? I was hoping to customize the output and extend it a little but this was kind of a bummer. I understand encrypting $50 components but a $9 module??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 years 11 months ago - 16 years 11 months ago #746 by Saka
Hi casey,

Make sure that the file:
modules/mod_ajaxlisting.php
has enough properties, at least 644.
It has to be accessible directly.

SMF is already pre-configured so you can just select it from module configurations without need for writing your own plugin.

If you still can't get it to work send me an email and I will take a look.

Only one central file is encrypted, all others are open. And it can be customized a lot through XML configuration plugins or PHP plugins, or even modifying the JS file.

You can also install ionCube locally to test, just let me know to add localhost to your license.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

16 years 11 months ago #747 by casey
Thanks Emir. Unfortunately - still no luck.

I have double checked by setting perm's to 777, reinstalling, etc.
The only thing I could think of was the domain www/non-www htaccess fix but I'm not sure. Everything is pretty normal on our server. I'll keep tinkering with it. My Skype id is zkcl75 if you want to walk through with it at your best convenience.

16 years 11 months ago #748 by Saka
It could be some JS collisions too. If you can try on clean Joomla install with default template.
I added you to Skype so hopefully I will catch up with you.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch