Hide form for registered, replace with module position?

14 years 9 months ago #4743 by NuMoon
Good day,

I have been looking at registrations components and modules in order to get the best for my site. I have purchased a few, including yours, and have to say yours is all round the best option. I would like to make a request though that I think would make this much better;

Currently, if a registered user views the registration screen (which may happen a lot if you have customised it and have it on your front page), they see the registration form, filled out with some of their details.

Would it be possible that if a user is logged in, the form does not show at all, and is replaced with a module position (such as ajaxregistermodule or something) to enable the admins to set what appears once registered (in my case I would like it to be the avatar and some info etc).

Such an addition would certainly make this thing head and shoulders above the rest. There is a module currently that has this option (to not be visible to registered) but has no CAPTCHA :'(, you component has all the features needed (and is pretty) and I would like to be able to use it like this. What do you think?

Best to all,

NuMoon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #4744 by Saka
Actually if user is logged in he can't see the registration form. He is redirected to edit profile form with the flash message "You are already registered.".

You mentioned that you have registration form as default homepage, maybe that's why it happens to you?

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

14 years 9 months ago #4745 by NuMoon
Hi there,

Maybe yes. I have customised the registration page so that it had the logo and other bits to make it look really nice though, would have been a shame not to have guests land there.

Anyway, if anyone else is interested, I managed to get around this whole thing useing a module from NinJoomla which redirects from specific pages depending on your user level (guest, registered), so now when logged in users try to see the registration page they are directed to a more suitable welcome page with custom bit from the profile like avatar showing etc (so it looks and works like the facebook homepage).

Best to all,

NuMoon

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch