Licensing on localhost

14 years 11 months ago #4433 by webuser
Hello I was dissapointed to pay for your module today and download it and have it not work because I was building my site on localhost and the license didn't work for localhost.

I can understand the need to license scripts that you pay for however why require a license for localhost? I think a better solution would either be to allow it to be run on the local host domain (I can't think of any issues with this) or provide developers with an annual free license to run unlimited modules on localhost.

I can't be the only developer who develops their sites on localhost before uploading to a server?

I have had the same issue with Ari Soft's content who have allocated me a 1 year localhost license.

What do other people think about this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #4434 by Saka
You just need to send a mail and I add localhost to your license in no time (as I already did for you). It's not enabled by default because it can have different names on different setups, although localhost is most common.

If few hours of waiting time is unacceptable then you can always download a free trial for localhost which you receive immediately and it's valid for 5 days. In the meantime you will surely got a response to your request to add it to your license and you just switch the key file.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

14 years 11 months ago #4437 by webuser
Hello I very much appreciate a quick response it just doesn't seem like the best system to me. Usually when I am building a site I do things according to a workflow and it isn't particularly convenient to have to wait for a license. I appreciate you were quick to get back to me but based in Australia sometimes it isn't as quick as this. downloading a trial after I have just paid for the full version doesn't seem right either. Perpaps you can give people the option when they purpose to choose a testing host from a drop-down of the most common hosts or just provide all new downloads with licenses for the most common testing hosts. Just an idea.

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch