Bugs with IE 7 & IE 8 with Flash! Please Help

14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #4367 by eclipsemedia
After installing Ajax Gallery everything seemed fine in FireFox but when I go to IE one of my flash objects stops working.

Please go to one of the albums at
http://www.ramar.ca/TWO-STOREY-PLANS.php#1

With FireFox, everything works including the Slide show Flash object one the left. Also when you click on a large image under the thumbnails, you clearly see the screen darken and the slimbox opens the image.

Now go to the same URL http://www.ramar.ca/TWO-STOREY-PLANS.php#1
With IE. Now the Slide Show Flash Object doesn't work and when you click on a large image the slim box is at the very top (unlike how Firefox) and the background doesn't darken. Furthermore sometime the Other Flash files don't come back after you close the slim box.

I have tried using Iframes to load a separete html page with the Flash slide show, I tried it will a PHP included. I even called the flash object from a different server. I tried using both javascript and object to call the flash slide show and nothing works. As soon as you go to another page outside of Ajax Gallery, everything works flash related.

I did find that if I deleted the CSS folder from components/com_apa, the Flash Slide show worked perfect but of course the Ajax Gallery Layout was messed up. I also  emptied the 2 CSS files (apa.css & slimbox.css) with no content, saved the file and uploaded it to the CSS folder to still find the Flash Slide Show not working.

Please help!

PS I would of dug into the code to trouble shoot the situation but I saw it was all encrypted.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #4370 by Saka
Well IE is extremely hard to debug and it behaves strange and not following standards. I did my best to optimize for all browsers but this issue with flash can be anything. I'm afraid I can't give you any clues. Best to send all access info on mail and I will have a look and try to find the problem when I get some time. Again it can be very difficult, IE is a hell and you really should test with free trial before the purchase, especially if you have a site with different other features like flash or other javascript libraries.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

14 years 11 months ago #4371 by eclipsemedia
I felt this was the best product out there and had no problem paying for it. As a developer I understand the frustration with IE. If only we all lived in FireFox world with correct standards. This is a very important project and I am willing to pay to have this glitch fixed. What do you need?

14 years 11 months ago #4372 by Saka
As I already said: send all access info (FTP and admin pass) on mail and I will have a look when I get some time.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #4373 by eclipsemedia
Hey I fixed the issue!   I was here for 6 hours pulling my hair out. I found the solution. And I may suggest adding this to the help file for future sales. I seen other have issues but I stumbled on a lead which works. This also fixed the fadeout problem in IE.

I seen before how DocType can make IE behave wierd and sure enough it has here.

I now use this Doctype
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

The old one was this and should not be used! Its default with Dreamweaver thats why I had it.
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
It didn't specify HTML 4.01 which was the problem.

I hope this is useful for others and thanks again for an awesome product. Now I can go home.

Oh the site I found this info was at
typo3.org/documentation/document-library...mbox/3.1.0/view/1/7/

14 years 11 months ago #4374 by eclipsemedia
BTW great product and I know your busy Saka. For 20 bucks, what would I expect. Can't live on nothing.

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch