Text Scroller

12 years 2 months ago #6479 by gvannauw
Good morning,
I was trying to activate the text scroller on a website, but apparently the text remains frozen (doesn't scroll). I linked it to an article ID and activated the textscroller in a user defined position. Do I need to include something in the article to trigger the action or am I missing something else?

I really would like to get this going, since it is a very nice extension that can be very useful for the website.

Thanks + Best regards

Gino

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #6480 by Saka
You probably have a JS error cased by some other script you are using. You can check with Firebug in Firefox.

Text Scroller uses Mootools, a JS framework used by Joomla itself. Some templates intentionally remove Mootools and include jQuery which may conflict with modules that use Mootools.

Mootools 1.2 is required. Stock Joomla 1.5 uses Mootools 1.12 and you must activate Mootools upgrade plugin if you use Joomla 1.5. It's mentioned in documentation.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

12 years 2 months ago #6481 by gvannauw
Good morning and thank you for your reply. Mootools plugin is activated and mootools.js is present in /media/system/js. Still no joy. Do I need to load the library in index.php before it becomes activated?

12 years 2 months ago #6484 by Saka
I can't guess, post your URL and we will see what's wrong.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

12 years 2 months ago #6485 by gvannauw
ok thanks. Can you tell me what country you reside in? Currently all countries except Belgium and The Netherlands are blocked due to recent hacker attacks..

12 years 2 months ago #6486 by Saka
Send a mail and I will send you my IP.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch