Check of password strength is not sufficient

6 years 9 months ago #7849 by Karl
How / Where to adjust the check of the password strength?

By default it is not sufficient. The jump from "weak" to "strong" is much too early and does not correspond to my specifications in the Joomla registry:
At least 8 characters long.
At least 2 upper and 2 lowercase letters
At least 2 digits and
At least 2 special characters.
These settings are not taken into account by Ajaxregister. In which file is it to override?

Regards, Karl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 8 months ago #7852 by Saka
Hello,

Password strength options is pretty recent Joomla feature so it is not yet reflected in AJAX Register. It will have to be added in a future version so it takes these options in consideration. I will let you know when it's integrated.

Thanks.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net
The following user(s) said Thank You: Karl

6 years 6 months ago #7885 by Roberts
Is there any update on this? this functionality was the entire reason I bought the component...

6 years 6 months ago #7889 by Saka
Coming up in the next version. Expect it by the end of this month.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

6 years 6 months ago #7891 by Roberts
Awesome, thanks for the timeline!

6 years 5 months ago #7896 by Saka
New version (3.7.6) is released. The password options from admin settings will now be included in password validation. Also, I improved the password strength method. However, it will not be influenced by admin password settings. Instead, it will always award stronger passwords a better score. I think it's more correct this way. You can go ahead and test.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch