SEF and print functions

17 years 2 months ago - 17 years 2 months ago #236 by llema
Saka,

I finally got to moving my Joomla install to the root directory like you had suggested. I reinstalled SEF Advance and it is working pretty good. So far only glitch I have found is that my "Authors" section is not working in my Ijoomla Magazine component. Any ideas?  I will also try to find a solution at Ijoomla.

Thanks.

Preview here: www.modelgasboats.com

User/pass: reader/reader

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 2 months ago #238 by Saka
You mean links like:
www.modelgasboats.com/magazine/author/Marc-Levac/6.html
?

In that case it's up to the extension for iJoomla Magazine so it's best to contact them.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

17 years 2 months ago #240 by llema
Yes, exactly.  Thank you  I will see with them. :)  SEF Advance is working nicely though and seems to have resolved some issues I was having with different menu IDs.

Is there any way of configuring it so it converts other links also, such as the "Top" links at the bottom of all my articles?

17 years 2 months ago #241 by Saka
Sure. You should use relative links and they will be coverted. So make sure that your link is like:
<a href="index.php?option=....">Top</a>
No leading slash or domain. Then the link will be converted automatically by the SEF mambot.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

17 years 2 months ago #243 by llema
Thanks. Now is there a trick to making the links relative??? I tried taking out everything prior to the "index.php...." but the systems puts it back in when I save the article!?!?!? I tried the html editor also and same thing. It seems to be adding the " modelgasboats.com/ " before any link, unless I start that link with "http://"

17 years 2 months ago #245 by Saka
The editor might be adding it so turn off any editor you have in main Joomla configuration.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch