Registration links result in redirect loop with SEF Advance

9 years 8 months ago #7318 by maff23uk
Hi,

I am using Joomla 2.5.22 and SEF Advance 1.5.4.

I use Jomsocial for registration and logins and when SEF Advance is turned on, clicking any 'Register' button/link (including the main Jomsocial button) results in a never ending redirect loop.

Everything else, including all other Jomsocial links, seem to be working fine.

Site is www.ei-resource.org . Any ideas what the problem may be?

Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 8 months ago #7319 by Saka
Check if you have activated "Redirect non-SEF to SEF" or "Redirect legacy" and try turning them off.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

9 years 8 months ago #7320 by maff23uk
Hi Saka,

I have tried turning either and both of those settings off and none of those configurations works - there is still a redirect loop.

I have created an alias from the standard joomla URL to the SEF URL and that seems to work. I have yet to see if it takes me all the way through registration and not just to the first step however.

9 years 8 months ago #7321 by maff23uk
Ah no using an alias doesn't work. I can get to the first page of Jomsocial registration doing that but no further - redirect loop again.

Can I provide my site's admin credentials somewhere so you can take a look at my config?

Thanks.

9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #7322 by maff23uk
I am having major problems with redirect loops in Jomsocial when SEF Advance is turned on. Register links go in a loop as do attempts to open private message inbox as important examples.

I have disabled settings such as 'redirect non-sef urls' and 'accept legacy' as you suggested previously but nothing resolves my issues. I have also tried the SEF Advance setting to ignore the Jomsocial component entirely but this does not help either.

It does NOT happen with Joomla's built-in SEF so is clearly an SEF Advance issue. Please tell me where to send site login details so you can take a look as a next step - I paid for your support as well as your product  :P

9 years 8 months ago #7323 by Saka
Sure, please send the admin details here and I will have a look: www.sakic.net/contact/

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch