SEF Advance incompatible with Google Analytics site search tracking?

11 years 6 months ago #6730 by ptiemann
Google Analytics tracks site search by looking for the search words in the query string. SEF Advance, moves the search words into the page URL. How can I get my search words into the query string? I've Googled the heck out of this issue and tried several solutions that were reported as working for others. I've renamed router.php in the search component to router.ignore.php ( getsatisfaction.com/google/topics/google...e_search_with_joomla ) and looked at the components to ignore settings in SEF Advance but com_search is not listed.
How can I either get SEF advance to ignore com_search, or somehow add the search keywords back into the querystring?

Thanks!!!!
Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 6 months ago #6731 by ptiemann
Hello? Does this product have support?

Can I add a rewrite rule to .htaccess to rewrite the URL? I could write a regex to find the search word(s) in the URL and add it to the query string. Also, if you search for more than one word, it leaves a space between search words.

11 years 5 months ago #6762 by ptiemann
I'm not trying to be pushy here but I sure would like an answer. It's been almost a month since I first asked.

11 years 5 months ago #6763 by Saka
Hello,

First, sorry for the delay. Trying to catch up with lots of work lately.

Which Joomla version and SEF Advance version is this question about? Because when I do a search on Joomla 2.5 and latest SEF Advance I sure do have the search string in the URL. For example search for "persia" on the demo site joomla25.sakic.net
Thje search URL is joomla25.sakic.net/search/?searchword=persia

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #6764 by ptiemann
SEF Version 2.0.9

System info:
PHP Built on: Linux saavik.kabam.net 2.6.18-274.18.1.el5 #1 SMP Thu Feb 9 12:45:44 EST 2012 x86_64
Database Version: 5.1.65-cll
Database Collation: utf8_general_ci
PHP Version: 5.2.17
Web Server: Apache/2.2.22 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.22 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_bwlimited/1.4
Web Server to PHP interface: cgi

The site is www.pcaschool.org
Thanks!!!!!
Paul

11 years 5 months ago #6765 by Saka
OK, so it's Joomla 1.5.
Go to joomla15.sakic.net/ , enter "scroller" to search box and search. The URL is joomla15.sakic.net/search/scroller/?orde...est&searchphrase=all
So the search word IS in the URL.

What am I missing?

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch