AJAX Register 1.1: password strength is OK !

15 years 1 month ago - 15 years 1 month ago #3899 by Greg
Hi,

Bought today this AJAX Register, great stuff !

I think it could be great to have a password strength too.

Like this one for example: simplythebest.net/scripts/ajax/ajax_password_strength.html

I already have one on my core register file, but it seems to not working with your plugin (scripts interactions perhaps)

On the other side:

I got a little issue (very strange), I've translated the language file to match my own but when I save my translated file in the language directory, the ajax register doesn't work any more...

So I've tried to translate directly the english source file of the com_ajaxregister, and the same issue occur  :o

Don't understand that....

thanks

Joomla 3.4.3 / SefAdvance 1.8.0 / AJAX Register 1.8.8 / virtuemart 3.0.9.4 / PHP 5.4.43

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 years 1 month ago - 15 years 1 month ago #3900 by Saka
Hello,

I already thought about password strength and it's planned. The example you posted is for jQuery, we would need one for Mootools. So I will probably have to create it from scratch.

As for the translation, you probably have a string that causes an error somewhere. Couldn't tell without looking at it and testing.

On a sidenote, I see you added captcha, I planned to do add it natively too. In the meantime, would you care to explain how you added it for other users (since I got an inquiry about that)?

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

15 years 1 month ago #3907 by Greg
For the captcha, I simply use this one:
Joomla Captcha 4.3 Stable + Joomla! 1.5.9 patches

What you have to do is to install the plugin, then all the patchs provided with it.
(just replace the standard joomla files with thoses from the patch)

Unfortunately the coder forgot to tell that we must patch two more files, wich are for the reset password procedure.

The files are:
/components/com_user/views/reset/tmpl/complete.php
/components/com_user/views/reset/tmpl/confirm.php

For complete.php find (around line 27):
<input id="password2" name="password2" type="password" class="required validate-password" />
			</td>
		</tr>

Just after add:
<?php // Captcha Extention patch rev. 4.3.0 Stable
		$dispatcher = &JDispatcher::getInstance();
		$results = $dispatcher->trigger( 'onCaptchaRequired', array( 'user.reset' ) );
		if ($results[0])
			$dispatcher->trigger( 'onCaptchaView', array( 'user.reset', 0, '<tr><td colspan="2" >', '</td></tr>' ) ); ?>

For confirm.php find (around line 19):
<input id="token" name="token" type="text" class="required" size="36" />
			</td>
		</tr>

Just after add:
		$results = $dispatcher->trigger( 'onCaptchaRequired', array( 'user.reset' ) );
		if ($results[0])
			$dispatcher->trigger( 'onCaptchaView', array( 'user.reset', 0, '<tr><td colspan="2" >', '</td></tr>' ) ); ?>

Once you activated the plugin, you must tell him on wich task you want the captcha to be on, so in the configuration of system-captcha you will find the line "Enabled captchas"

For example, I've put those: user.register,user.remind,user.reset,user.contact

For AJAX Register, you just have to do the same, like this:

In:
/components/com_ajaxregister/views/register/tmpl/default.php

Find (around line 169):
<input class="inputbox required validate-passverify" type="password" id="password2" name="password2" size="40" value="" /> *

</td>

</tr>

Just after add:
$results = $dispatcher->trigger( 'onCaptchaRequired', array( 'user.register' ) );
if ($results[0])
	$dispatcher->trigger( 'onCaptchaView', array( 'user.register', 0, '<tr><td colspan="2" >', '</td></tr>' ) ); ?>

Joomla 3.4.3 / SefAdvance 1.8.0 / AJAX Register 1.8.8 / virtuemart 3.0.9.4 / PHP 5.4.43

15 years 1 month ago #3908 by Saka
Thanks. ;)

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

15 years 1 month ago #3956 by Saka
AJAX Register 1.1 is out now with support for built-in CAPTCHA, reCAPTCHA and password strength check.

There is also a new administration backend with configuration options.

Check out the DEMO at: joomla15.sakic.net/user/register/

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

15 years 1 month ago - 15 years 1 month ago #3957 by Greg
Hello Emir,

Work like a charm, just feet my needs  8)

A must have !

But I must say that just before I was unable to install it, because I've tried a bugfix from the forge which was stop the writing of the temporary folder file installation (those ones with some ID inside like _ 465423132 for example)

I think you should keep an eye on this bugfix perhaps you're concern about it. Because I remember your own request about the installation procedure at the JoomlaCode forge.  ;)

this one: joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomla/tracker...racker_item_id=15217

For the languages files:

Just a suggestion.....are we missing the header something like
# $Id: en-GB.com_ajaxregister.ini 10496 2009-02-24 16:40:00Z saka $
# Emir Sakic
# Copyright © Sakic.Net, 2001-2009. All rights reserved.
# License http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html GNU/GPL, see LICENSE.php
# Note : All ini files need to be saved as UTF-8 - No BOM

Because I use the translation manager, and so I suppose my previous issue is cause by that, just see the pic

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch