How to translate field label of "custom fields" for multilingual website?

8 years 1 week ago #7635 by baijianpeng
If install AJAX Register on a multilingual Joomla website, how to translate each field label of "custom fields" ?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 3 days ago #7638 by Saka

8 years 3 days ago #7639 by baijianpeng
I know how to translate Joomla extensions, in fact, I have already translated whole language file of AJAX Register to Chinese language, but, it seems that you did not understand my question:

The question is: how to translate the field labels of "custom fields".

Those field labels are NOT in language files.

I think maybe you need to add a new option for each custom field when creating:

Language Key

For example, if I need a new custom field "School Name", I can create it as:

Field Title: School Name
Field Name: schooe_name
Field Label Lanuage Key: COM_AR_CF_21_LABEL
Field DESC Lanuage Key: COM_AR_CF_21_DESC

This language Key should be generated automatically but shown on the editing interface as "read only" value, to avoid any error by user.

You can see that the first part is the same, means  "component Ajax Register Custom Field", then the number, 21, means the ID number of that custom field. Since each custom field has its unique ID, then this language Key is also unique.

Then the user can translate the field label and description via ini language file, or via the "language override" at Joomla backend.

Thank you.

8 years 2 days ago #7640 by Saka
So you haven't read the FAQ. I suggest you read it again, especially the last part!

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

8 years 2 days ago #7641 by baijianpeng
So you did not understand my question. I do NOT mean read custom field "value", I mean "translating the field label"!

Could you please build a multi-lingual website, for example, English and French or something you can read but not English, I mean two languages (or more) that can be switched by visitors on frontend, NOT just install the interface language files.

A multi-language website.

Then install Ajax Register on it. Then create a custom fields, such as "School Name".

Well, when the visitor switch the page to "French" language, how will Ajax Register show the field label "School Name"? It will show it still in English? Or in French? But where can the website Admin define the French string for this field label?

8 years 1 day ago #7642 by Saka
Yes and it's explained exactly how to do it in the FAQ I linked. I don't know how to explain it better than that. Just do what it says to do there and try.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch