AJAX Scroller problem

8 years 11 months ago #7484 by SadruddinW
Hi.
I have AJAX Scroller but it's not scrolling.
It shows the first few lines of my article for a few seconds then rushes through the whole article, then back to the beginning again.

One possibility is that it's objecting to my website name.
I've bought the website I registered when I bought the scroller, but it's not yet DNS redirected, so I'm editing it using my host DNS name.  Could that be it?

SW

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 11 months ago #7485 by SadruddinW
PS.  Well, it's not that.
Linking directly ( www.itsmyheart.co.uk then click 3 on Enter Site)
still doesn't work.

S

8 years 11 months ago #7489 by Saka
Hi,

I am not sure what you are asking here. Which behaviour do you expect and what are your settings?

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

8 years 11 months ago #7493 by SadruddinW
My settings are:

The only css change made has been to amend style.css, set to width 200, height 350

I currently have one article in the category Poems
It is over 40 lines long.

What I want is for the poem to scroll, smoothly, vertically, and then once I can get the module to work I will add more poems.

What I get is enough lines to fill the module, standing still with no scrolling at all, and the rushing up to the top after 2 seconds, and starting again.

8 years 11 months ago #7494 by Saka
AJAX Scroller is intended for scrolling several items one after the other. It is not for slowly scrolling a text within a single article.

You may want something like Text Scroller instead, see: joomla25.sakic.net/text-scroller/

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

8 years 11 months ago #7495 by SadruddinW
I only bought AjaxScroller because I couldn't get TextScroller to work correctly and there seem to be no documentation anywhere.

I've swapped AjaxScroller for TextScroller on my site

www.itsmyheart.co.uk/site/index.php?opti...icle&id=7&Itemid=119

and I can't get it to work successfully.
At present it's set on

Scroll Time Down:  20
Scroll Time Up:        500
Pause Time:            500

What I get is a single line moving up from bottom to top, then a long pause, then another line, long pause, etc.

I'm so frustrated.  All the reviews imply this is really simple.

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch