AJAX Register File Type

9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #7307 by Matteo
Hello, using the file type input could i request new user to send me a text, pdf or image file during them registration?
Is it integrated with Joomla Users so can i activate the users only after i checked them files?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 10 months ago #7308 by Saka
Yes, you can.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

9 years 10 months ago #7311 by randlieb
Speaking of file type. Is there a way to add other file types other than the two optione (3 image file types or pdf file). I would like to be able to accept txt, doc and odt files. Thanks.

9 years 10 months ago #7312 by richardlonsdale
Hi, I have the same issue.  I'm advised that .doc or .docx are not supported yet but will be built into the next release.

9 years 10 months ago #7313 by Saka
Support for .doc and .docx has been added now. I could add some more file types but it's little bit more work to make this dynamic allowing arbitrary file types.

Emir Sakic
www.sakic.net

9 years 9 months ago #7315 by randlieb
Thanks, I will update. Doc file will work just fine. A problem though. I have registration to be activated by admin but the email to the admin does not include an attachment. Only the following text, no actual attachment:
Please send a copy of your filing status or other paperwork to confirm your candidacy: 10_6d39bf5dab.pdf
Thanks

About us

We provide high quality Joomla components created by a co-founder and original core developer of Joomla. For over a decade, our products have been used by more than 20.000 webmasters around the world.

Stay in touch