Twitter now requires authentication for all kind of calls to its API, even for publicly available data. As a result, you will have to register an application on dev.twitter.com and enter the keys you get to AJAX Scroller parameters on your site. Once you configure it, AJAX Scroller will work with Twitter just as before, even little better because of increased number of requests you can now make to Twitter API.
Following step-by-step instructions describes exactly how to do it.
- Download the latest AJAX Scroller version 2.5.1 and install / update it on your Joomla site.
- Go to https://dev.twitter.com and sign-in using your Twitter credentials.
- In the upper right corner, click on your profile, then on "My applications".
- Click on "Create a new application" button.
- On the new page fill in the Application Details. The application will be your website, so the details can be as shown on the screenshot below.
You can leave the Callback URL empty, agree to the terms, fill in the captcha and click on the "Create your Twitter application" button.
- Your app will be created and already on the next page, under "OAuth settings", you will see the first 2 keys you need: "Consumer key" and "Consumer secret". Copy them over to AJAX Scroller parameters.
- Now click on "Create my access token" button on the bottom of the page.
- The access token will be created and you will get final 2 keys you need to copy over to AJAX Scroller parameters: "Access token" and "Access token secret".
- After you've copied the 4 keys to your AJAX Scroller parameters, save the module and you will be able to use it with Twitter just like before.
You can verify that it's working on AJAX Scroller DEMO site.
As always, the upgrade is free for existing AJAX Scroller users within the subscription period. Click here to download the upgrade.
Rest of you, get AJAX Scroller 2.5.1 now: purchase AJAX Scroller.